Catfish are a diverse group of ray-finned fish named for their prominent barbels, which resemble a cat’s whiskers. catfish farming thus involves raising these kinds of fish in tanks or enclosures, usually for food or commercial purpose.
Catfish is popular with fish farmers because it is relatively easier to raise commercially, resistant to disease, and has a high demand in the market. You can grow them easily and harvest them quickly with little effort in a small or large pond.
To profitably go into catfish farming, you need to be aware of its costs and profit potential so that you can make the necessary preparation. You also need very good training in managing your farm, feeding, and handling of your catfish.
This course is like a full internship in catfish farming.
By the end of this course, you have all the fundamental training you require to start a profitable Catfish farm.
Some of the things you will learn by the end of this course include:
- Best specie for catfish farming
- Different kinds of catfish ponds
- How to build a good pond, with dimensions for best performance
- Daily management practices for your catfish farm
- How to formulate catfish feeds
- Water quality and record-keeping
- Use practical farm records for better understanding of the process and procedures
- How to mitigate challenges in catfish Farming
- Sample farm records showing your profit and loss potential
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 7
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes