Poultry farming is a well-established and profitable business in Nigeria. There is no doubt that it is a powerful enterprise that can create a solid source of income for anyone, provided you give it the required attention and most importantly get proper training before embarking on the venture.
This course will give you a down-to-earth practically based training, that will help you to successfully start your poultry business. Hundreds of our students have been able to start a profitable poultry business after taking this course. In case you still doubt the profitability of this business, you can read the success story shared on Vanguard Newspaper, of Kaduna based housewife, Hajiya Hassana Idris, who makes N450,000 monthly from her small poultry business. Click here to read it on Vanguard
As of 2019, Nigeria has an annual deficit of over 60 million tons of chicken meat processed from boiler valued at 120 Trillion Naira. Importation takes up about 40 percent of local consumption. This means that the market for chicken products is very high, especially during festive seasons.
Today, with the economic devastation brought about by Covid-19, and the rapidly increasing dollar rate, local poultry producers, will begin to take a much higher share of the market, as importation becomes more expensive.
Any wise youth should see this as a massive opportunity to tap.
By the end of this course, you will learn:
- Types of poultry farming, and choose the one that will be more profitable for you
- Different systems of keeping poultry and which one to use
- Cost estimate of setting up a poultry farm, with a step-by-step breakdown project breakdown
- How to take care of poultry, from chick stage to maturity
- Proper chicken housing
- The common poultry diseases, signs and symptoms, prevention and treatment
- Protecting your poultry farm from loss
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Introduction to Poultry Farming
- Types of Poultry Breeds
- Extensive System Of Poultry Farming
- Fold System Of Poultry Farming
- Intensive System of Poultry Farming
- Battery Cage System: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Actual Cost of Setting Up a Typical Poultry Farm
- Financial Planning and Return-on-Investment
- Brooding : How To Raise Chicks
- Common Poultry Diseases, Prevention and Treatment
- Risk factors and Ways of Mitigating Them